Modify Excel.officeUI to be used on multiple computers

mdurrham

Good Day all,

Recently one of our users created a number of Macros in which she placed on two customized tabs for Excel 2010. Later, as the administrator I was asked to add the customized tabs to 72 other users. I have very limited experience with either VBA or XML so I simply copied her Personal.XLSB to my %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\ Folder and her Excel14.xlb to my %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ Folder.

I then discovered that although the macros were available in my Excel, the customized tabs did not copy. I recreated the Tabs which were saved to C:\Users\mdurham\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Excel.officeUI on my computer.

I then created a batch file which would copy the Personal.xlsb, Excel14.xlb and Excel.officeUI to the respective user folders when they ran it.

When I opened excel on one of the computer the custom tabs showed up but when I clicked on one of the macros I got the following message stating that it was still trying to access the macros from my computer:

I checked the Excel.officeUI file and noticed it was still referencing my user profile on the other computer.

Is there any way I can modify this file or the Personal.xlsb file to be used on multiple user computers? Any help would be most appreciated and most info would be provided if needed.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fcarfagna

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back