Multiple table array

Melaccio

Hello All,

I am trying to use an excel formula that calculates for me the match of two columns and show me the results.
If I want to calculate one column I am using this formula: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E18,A18:A22,1,0))=TRUE,"",E18).

It's working really good, but it's seems impossible if i want to integrate a new column.
Can some one help me please? Below I am posting an example:

<style><!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\,"; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\.";}@page {margin:.75in .7in .75in .7in; mso-header-margin:.3in; mso-footer-margin:.3in;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:12.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Calibri, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}--></style>
Table array 1 Table array 2Lookup values
subject 1subject asubject n
subject 2subcjet bsubject 1
subject 3subject csubject e
subject 4subject dsubject q
subject 5
subject esubject 2

<colgroup><col span="5"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="87" span="8" style="width:65pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
Thank you in advance.:)

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
how about

Excel 2013/2016
ABCDEF
1Table array 1Table array 2Lookup values
2subject 1subject asubject n 
3subject 2subcjet bsubject 1subject 1
4subject 3subject csubject esubject e
5subject 4subject dsubject q
6subject 5subject esubject 2subject 2
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F2=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$A$6,1,0)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E2,$C$2:$C$6,1,0)),"",E2),E2)

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
how about

Excel 2013/2016
ABCDEF
1Table array 1Table array 2Lookup values
2subject 1subject asubject n
3subject 2subcjet bsubject 1subject 1
4subject 3subject csubject esubject e
5subject 4subject dsubject q
6subject 5subject esubject 2subject 2

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet1

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
F2=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$A$6,1,0)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E2,$C$2:$C$6,1,0)),"",E2),E2)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Wow! Amazing! :eek:

Thank you a lot :)

But if I want to integrate in the formula an automatic sort by?
I would like that it will show me in the same column the full cell from the first one, for example:

table array 1table array 2Lookup values
subject 1subject asubject nsubject 1
subject 2subcjet bsubject 1subject e
subject 3subject csubject esubject 2
subject 4subject dsubject q
subject 5subject esubject 2

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<table cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" verdana,="" arial,="" tahoma,="" calibri,="" geneva,="" sans-serif;="" border:="" 1px="" solid="" rgb(187,="" 187,="" 187);="" border-collapse:="" collapse;"="" style="width: " width=""><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead></thead><tbody></tbody></table>
I usually use a formula in the other column that will make order, like this one:

=IFERROR(INDEX($B$2:$B$1000;AGGREGATE(15;6;RIF.RIGA($A$2:$A$1000)-1/($B$2:$B$1000<>"");ROW($A1)));"")

Do you may know if it is possible to integrate this formula in the one that you showed me?
:confused:

Thank you again.
<style><!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\,"; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\.";}@page {margin:.75in .7in .75in .7in; mso-header-margin:.3in; mso-footer-margin:.3in;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:12.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Calibri, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl63 {color:#222222; font-size:13.0pt; font-family:Verdana; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-charset:0;}--></style>

Upvote 0
You could use this in col G
=IFERROR(INDEX($F$2:$F$6,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($F$2:$F$6)-ROW($F$2)+1)/($F$2:$F$6<>""),ROWS($A$1:$A1))),"")

Upvote 0
You could use this in col G
=IFERROR(INDEX($F$2:$F$6,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($F$2:$F$6)-ROW($F$2)+1)/($F$2:$F$6<>""),ROWS($A$1:$A1))),"")

Thank you again Fluff.

I tried this solution, but I was wondering if there is an option to integrate this formula in the column E with the result of the match, so I do not need to hide the column E to show an order result in the column G.

Upvote 0
There is probably a way to do it, however I have no idea how.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back