#NA error on one System.

tinferns

Board Regular
The below is a perfectly fine hyperlink formula. On one system it works fine.. however on another system it throws an error. I believe there is some setting in EXCEL OPTIONS or WIN10 that I need to check or uncheck.

The below Hyperlink takes the cursor the last row containing data (TEXT or Numbers only)

=HYPERLINK("[Quickly jump to last row using hyperlinks.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$"&MATCH(CHAR(255),B1:B100,1)+1,"Hyperlink")

Please help.

Thanks

Martin

tinferns

Board Regular
Hi Steve.. thanks for your reply. There is text between B1:B100.

I have tried the same formula on another system, with same content.. it works.. And on one system it gives #NA error.

Please help.

Thanks

Martin

tinferns

Board Regular
Thanks Steve for looking into this..

Created a File Named: Test File
Inserted this formula in Sheet1 - L3 : =HYPERLINK("[Test File.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$"&MATCH(CHAR(255),B1:B10,1)+1,"Hyperlink")
Typed tinferns in B1. And left cells from B2 - B10 blank.

L3 shows #NA

I wish i could take a screenshot and send.

Please help.

Thanks,

Martin

steve the fish

Its only this that can cause n/a:

=MATCH(CHAR(255),B1:B10,1)

What does it produce? What about this?

=LOOKUP(2,1/(B1:B10<>""),ROW(B1:B10))

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Which version of Windows and Office, and what regional settings are on the computer that doesn't work?

tinferns

Board Regular
Hi Rory.. I am using WIN10 for Home with MS office Home and Student 2019 students edition. I believe I have latest version of WIN10. Not sure about MS office. Lately I have updated both WIN10 and MS office and now Excel looks different and I seem to have lost Insert Comment right click option too. Is there something wrong here ?

Please advise

Thanks

Martin

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics