Names with Upper and Proper Case Words

KolGuyXcel

Board Regular
I have a column of names. Each name has at least 2 words - the first name and the last name. Some of the names also have 1 or more middle names in addition to the the first and the last names. However, the names, i.e. the first, middle and last names are not in any particular order. But the first name is always a proper case word and the last name is always an upper case word. However, the middle names in some of the cases are proper case words and in other cases upper case words. Also, in a name where there are more than one middle names, one or two of the middle names would be in proper case and the rest in upper case. I need to arrange the names in a particular order - first name, middle name(s), last name!

For example, the name Jose Joaquin Aristizabal Murcia is currently appearing as either "ARISTIZABAL MURCIA Jose Joaquin" or "JOAQUIN ARISTIZABAL MURCIA Jose" or even "Jose Joaquin ARISTIZABAL MURCIA"! Please note that the first name is always in a Proper Case Word, the last name is always in an Upper Case Word, whereas the middle names appear both as upper case as well as proper case words. Also note that there's no particular order in which the names are entered. There are names without any middle names as well in the column. Also, there are names with more than 2 middle names with all possible combinations of positions of the middle name(s) as well as proper case and upper case words. I need to convert it to "Jose Joaquin Aristizabal Murcia".

How to do it, preferably without a macro?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwine77

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back