Need Assistance Creating A Formula

rdegr

[FONT=&quot]I am having difficulty developing a formula that will pull cell data from a workbook sheet. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PLEASE HELP – Looking for an Excel expert to suggest a formula.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I receive a data dump in excel (stacked data). Here is a sample of what the columns of interest look like. The each row is the inspection data of an apartment unit. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Apt # is always in column “J”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Each time the data is received there is an unknown number of columns after J (K to ?). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are repeating “GROUPS” of inspection data, one set of the “Bathroom + Sink” is shown below. The “groups” of data always has the same number of columns. The first group (1) is the first inspection data submitted, (2) is the second, etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I need a formula that COUNTS the “condition” (“Rr – Repair”) for each unit but the starting column of the Group is not know, nor is the number of Groups of data.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I suspect INDEX and MATCH and/or OFFSET functions might work. I think using “Sink (?)” in the ‘find’ to identify ‘sink’ all columns might be a way.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUGGESTIONS are appreciated [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FYI – it must be a formula (no macro .xlsm files) because the server that the file is being uploaded to will not accept .xlsm files.

[/FONT]

JK ~ ?LMNOPQRS TU
Apt #K to ? ColumnsBathroom (1)BATHROOM # (1)Sink (1)Condition (1)Repair Cost $ (1)Bathroom (2)BATHROOM # (2)Sink (2)Condition (2)Repair Cost $ (2)
2112 Check4CheckRr - Repair25Check1CheckRr - Repair25
4113 Check1CheckRr - Repair25
5124 Check1CheckRr - Repair25Check3CheckRr - Repair25
8121 Check3CheckRr - Repair25Check2CheckRr - Repair25
10132 Check4CheckRr - Repair25

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Put on row 2:
Code:
=COUNTIF(OFFSET($A$1,,MATCH("Condition("& ROW()-1,$1:$1,0)-1,COUNTA($J:$J),1),"Rr - Repair")
The counts for unit 1 apears.
Copy down for other units.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Put on row 2:
Code:
=COUNTIF(OFFSET($A$1,,MATCH("Condition("& ROW()-1,$1:$1,0)-1,COUNTA($J:$J),1),"Rr - Repair")
The counts for unit 1 apears.
Copy down for other units.

Mart37, [FONT=&quot]Thank for your reply.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I am not sure how to use your formula.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I should have been more detailed and provided greater explanation. I think the best way is to show you one of the "report" tabs that pulls from the raw data.

Below is a link to a sample workbook that will provide a better understanding.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pi5ot7lpz8shx8/Sample%20Workbook%20-%20Report%20Tab%20and%20Data%20Tab.xlsx?dl=0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You will see that the "Bedroom Interior Detail" worksheet is one of the 'report' tabs (numerous report tabs).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The "Raw Export" tab contains a sample of one raw data that is received.

Hopefully this helps understand.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
If just one formula can be added to the "Bedroom Interior Detail" worksheet I will be able to take it from there. Or send me a suggested formula for the "Bedroom Interior Detail" worksheet Unit # 111 (Sink Repairs) cell V:4.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you so VERY MUCH again.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rob[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back