need help with a VLOOKUP formula

AmrAndy93

i need help with some formulas for this sheet i need to create

basically what i want the sheet to do is to locate the names in column 1 who have value greater than x in column 2 and then reflect it into a new tablet

now i'm very open minded like if there will have to be several sheets or if this can be done in one sheet

i am aware that this is a bit tricky as i have tried to use VLOOKUP formulas and they work but show one name or they show nothing when i try to get to look for like ">2000" which comes up with N/A

Example:

find the names of everyone who is paid more than 2,000 and put it in a new table

i basically need to put this formula in a new table and it reflects the info from the raw data

OK so here is a made up sample like table

IDNameSalary
23115John2.100
45326Jackie3.500
47839Katy1,900
51946Chris1,500

<tbody>
</tbody>

so to recap i need a formula to locate name with salary above 2,000 and put it in a different table like the below outcome

Highest Paid Employees
John
Jackie

<tbody>
</tbody>

If you have 2007, you don't need to try the LOOKUP() version... it will the same.

Perhaps you need to check if you have autocalculation on? Go to Formulas tab, then in Calculation Options, check that Automatic is selected.

If you drag the formula down, it should give you the subsequent matches.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
ok just tried this formula and it came up with error saying too few arguments and then it highlighted the table array segment

now the one that weazal modified worked but only came up with one name which is in B2 cell and it wouldn't allow me to do a drag down for the rule

Upvote 0
If you have 2007, you don't need to try the LOOKUP() version... it will the same.

Perhaps you need to check if you have autocalculation on? Go to Formulas tab, then in Calculation Options, check that Automatic is selected.

If you drag the formula down, it should give you the subsequent matches.

i just tried this and it is working perfectly!! you are a star

thank you guys so much for the help and i'm sure this won't be the last time we cross paths :D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieHobbo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back