Need help with DSUM formula

calteri

I have a database (table) named "Money" that is 10 columns wide (headings in Row 1, Columns A:J. The columns are headed "Date", "Inv#", "Customer", "Sales","Period","Sales", "Rec'd Pmt", "Rep'd Pmt #2 ", "Commission", "Adjust." and "Balance".

In the "Period Column" there is either a 1 or a 2 entered on each row.

In Row 2, column M:V, I have the same Column headings. I have made a DSUM formula for a "sales total" as follows: =DSUM(Money,4,M2:V3)

I have also made DSUM formulas for commissions, balances, etc.

The "Period" criteria is titled in 2Q and I try to enter either "1" or "2" and either way I get the complete total for everything, regardless of what is input in 3Q. If I leave 3Q blank I still get the complete total. The same goes for the "Date" Column and the "Invoice #" Column. I can fill in an exact amount on any of the other criteria lines, I get complete totals on all of my commissions, balances, etc.

If I try to fill in a customer name, or a formula, such as >10 I get a total of $0.

Please help. This should be simple, but it's just not working. I had it all great in an older version, but when I updated, nothing worked. I've tried starting from fresh, as described above, and it's just not working.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whatdoido

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back