Need help with inventory spreadsheet

edhogan1224

Okay so ive exhausted my knowledge on macros and excel with the inventory spreadsheet im doing. Basically its an inventory of aluminum, set up so that there is a cover page with links (buttons) to each sheet (different sheet for each type of metal). Each sheet is just a simple table, with a link to the cover page and a search macro (both button-macros). I need two things, a macro that will do a keyword search through all the sheets with no regard to capitalization so i could search for "Airplane" but type in "airplane" or "airPlanE" and still find the proper value. The second macro i need is for when we use up all of a piece of metal. Id like to be able to search for an item, then check a box and have it somehow designated (highlited, strikethrough, etc) and copied to another sheet specifically for items that have been used up. it would be really nice if it could be cut and pasted but im not sure how difficult that would be. I appreciate any help, thanks!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whatdoido

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back