Need Help with VBA for hiding rows and columns based on value from multiple drop downs

NWPhotoExplorer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I am brand new with VBA code but from my google searches, this seems like what I should be using. I’m hoping someone can help me made this worksheet.

I’m trying to design a sheet that will keep track and display the number of ports on my circuit. The rules are I can split each port 3 times. So I am going to have 3 columns. The splitters are in multiples of 2. 2,4,8,16,32 and 64 ports. The only limitation is that I cannot have more than 128 ports total. So I need to keep track of my splits and make sure they don’t add up to more than 128. I’m hoping to be able to calculate this as well.

I would like to select the number of ports on the splitter and then unhide those rows. Then move to the 2nd stage splitter and enter the size and unhide those ports for that port on the first stage splitter. This is where I need help writing some VBA code. I have no idea what to google on this.

I’m hoping this makes sense on what I’m trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back