Need Numbers Inputted and Deleted

rebel123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Thanks for your help.
Not sure if there is even an = equation for this. Please see attachment.
If there is a solution, please respond with =

So, most likely, the correct answer will start with =D5 or will at least include = and D5 somewhere
in the equation. I need a drag-down formula.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 1.38.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 1.38.19 PM.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 13
Gotcha. Sounds like drama. I have not heard any answers. Thanks!
Not sure what you mean.

Remember, while the question is very familiar to you, we know nothing about it, and all that we have is what you decide to share with us.
If you don't give us a clear explanation of what you want done, and what the rules are, then any answers you get may not work for all your situations/data.

I cannot tell you how many times that someone posts a conversion question with a few examples, and answers are provided that handle their examples perfectly, but there are other situations that they failed to mention that the proposed solution doesn't work for.

So it is important to either:
1. clearly define what the "rules" behind the conversion are (just explain them in English, i.e. in situation "A", it will always start with "0900", then...)
- or -
2. post examples which cover every possibility/twist that needs to be accounted for

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
When I was playing around with what I thought you wanted earlier, I came across this formula for cell D5:
Excel Formula:
="0900" & SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(C5,LEN(C5)-2),"  ",REPT(" ",100)),100,100)),".","")
But that only works on the first 3 examples. It would not work for the fourth.
That is when I determined that I would need to know all the other possible scenarios you might have.
And it only works based on the assumptions I made based on your first three examples.

Upvote 0
Thanks Joe Much Appreciated... And that is pretty much why I was posting those separately... so
now I am trying to figure out if that was for Attachment A B or C... I reposted the 3 photos I had...

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 4
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 4
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
I assume I am doing it wrong, because I tried it in Excel.

This is the formula, and nothing processed. I am probably doing it wrong, and I did not
leave spaces before or after the equation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 4.47.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 4.47.06 PM.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Those examples you in your last screen print look totally different than the ones in the original post (as do your expected results), so I am pretty sure the formula won't work for that one.
That is precisely why I wanted to know what the rules were, as you seem to have all sorts of different possibilities, and different "rules/patterns" for each one.

Upvote 0
gotcha well i tried all 3 and it didnt work but I will give it a like for effort..

Upvote 0
Or if u would kindly send me the excel file... I could use that... I believe I am copying and pasting the formula into all of them BUT it is not working- so it is probably my fault

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back