Need Some simple help with sorting (Excel 2010)

Marky31mark

Hello, I need some help with sorting a data set that I receive every week. This is a purchase Order report that gets updated from the previous week. The new updates are in Red text, so I have multiple columns (16), that could have red text in them, which again, indicated is an update from the previous week. Is there a simple way of sorting my whole report to view all red text by the 16 columns, or do I have to go custom sort for each column?

Thanks,
Marky31mark

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Looks for a simple solution how to do it, vs doing any macros? Is there any other way to do it, or do I have to sort by multiple columns. So, I have 16 columns of data and about 800 rows. Any cell can be red text, which would indicate there has been an update since the last report. I just want to be able to view any rows that have Red text.

Upvote 0
If a row has red text in it, is the entire row red (ie, that when you sort it the way you asked, you see all the reds in the first x rows)? or are they spread out in single cells (ie, that when u sort it, only column A has red cells on the top, but the rest dont nessasarily have.

Upvote 0
Unfortunatlery, they are spread out with singe cells. Yes, I could go through and sort each column, but just wondered if there was an easier way. I would have to sort column 1, than column 2, etc..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back