Need to create a box calculator that will work acorss multiple rows

missyeager

Hello -

I have two lists that I am working with - one that has the dimensions of a product and one that has the dimensions of the available shipping boxes. I need to compare the length, width and height of the product to the dimensions of the box and determine which box is the best fit.

I have set up a formula that will determine if the product will fit in the box. It will return a 1 if the L, W or H of the box is larger than the product. Any box size that adds up to 3 will be marked as "Yes". For all "Yes" boxes, it will return the remaining cubic inches in the box.

=IF((IF((SUM((IF((C6>A$3),1,0))+(IF((D6>B$3),1,0))+(IF((E6>C$3),1,0)))=3),"Yes","No")="Yes"),((PRODUCT(C6:E6))-(PRODUCT(A$3:C$3)))," ")

I then have a separate formula that determines what the smallest box that fits is and returns the L, W and H.

(Length) =VLOOKUP((VLOOKUP((MIN($A$6:$A$35)),A6:B35,2,FALSE)),$B:$E,2,FALSE)

The problem with my current solution is that I have a list of products and need to fill in the appropriate boxes. The way that this workbook is currently set up will only allow me to return the correct box dimensions for one row at a time.

How can I create a formula, calculator, etc. that I can drag down through all of the rows and have it return the dimensions of the best fit box?

I have posted the workbook that I am working with on my public MobileMe folder here:
https://files.me.com/katherineyeager/o6dplw
In case that doesn't work, it's in the folder "Mr. Excel Examples" here: https://public.me.com/katherineyeager

The first worksheet is the "calculator" with the box dimensions. The second sheet contains the product list that I am working with.

Thanks for any help! I appreciate it.

Katie

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrw1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back