need to stretch a pivot table longer than one page? :O)

XCat

Hi there, it's probably simple, but I and everyone else here can't figure out why I can't grab a point of the chart and stretch it (resize it) longer than one page. There is too much information for one page to be readable.

Thanks!! ;)

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Where does the pivot table come into it?
If your chart is a separate chart sheet, you could change it to be embedded in a worksheet, and then you can make it as big as you like. If you have that much data on it though, you may want to rethink the layout.

XCat

the info from the table comes from another sheet in the same file.. does this answer? sorry, I'm kinda new to pivot tables.

I have it set up so that both a table and a chart was created from the information pulled (which was pulled from the existing excel file)

XCat

Hey sweet! I just copied it and put it in a new worksheet and now I can stretch it :O) That's one way to do it.

Thanks!!

XCat

Ok- I take it back, I could stretch it to my size, However, I lose one of the items from the pivot table.

The sheet is arranged from left to right as Machine, Operator, Time

But when I copy and paste the chart created by the table into a new spreadsheet to stretch it, the Machine is lost.

I've tried it both by clicking on the chart and cut, paste, and also by using the tab- Edit- copy -paste.

? Help please and thanks! :O)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpenning

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...