Nested IF Statement to determine where in a table of date ranges a specific falls.

Didaskale

I have an array of Date Ranges (Beginning and End Dates in two columns); I need to determine in which "week" a specified resides, and display the Amount (which is held in a third column.

I have this formula to do so:

=IF(AND(B11 <G36 >F36),K36,0)

It works fine for one row in the array of dates, however when I replace the "else" argument with an exact copy of the formula (with the exception of "cell references" being changed I get an #NAME result.

=IF(AND(B11 <G36 >F36),K36,=IF(AND(B11 <G36 >F36),K36,0))

Any suggestions would be great.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
The formula does not look good
Code:
=IF(AND(B11 F36), K36.0)
B11 = F36
or
B11 <F36
or
B11 <> ""
and F36 <> ""?

You could explain with words what you need.

Upvote 0
I do not understand your response.
Let me go into more detail on my need.

I have a date in B11.
In F9:F36 I have a series of Week Beginning Dates.
In G9:G36 I have a series of Week Ending Dates.
In K9:K36 I have a series of numbers.

I need to determine in which week B11 falls, and display the number in the corresponding row of Colum K.

Your help would be appreciated, my forte is Access and SQL, not Excel.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Sorry, something is happening on the forum page does not appear the symbols "equal".
Try the following:

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "><b>Sheet</b></table><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:38.02px;" /><col style="width:76.04px;" /><col style="width:76.04px;" /><col style="width:18.06px;" /><col style="width:18.06px;" /><col style="width:101.7px;" /><col style="width:82.69px;" /><col style="width:76.04px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td><td >D</td><td >E</td><td >F</td><td >G</td><td >H</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >7</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >8</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Beginning Dates</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Ending Dates</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Number</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >9</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">04-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">08-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">22</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >10</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">11-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">15-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">27</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >11</td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">12-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">27</td><td > </td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">18-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">22-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">32</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >12</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">25-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">29-mar</td><td style="text-align:right; ">37</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >13</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">01-abr</td><td style="text-align:right; ">05-abr</td><td style="text-align:right; ">42</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b></b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >C11</td><td >=VLOOKUP(B11,F9:H13,3,1)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br /><br />

Upvote 0
Sorry, something is happening on the forum page does not appear the symbols "equal".
Try the following:

Sheet

ABCDEFGH
8 Beginning DatesEnding DatesNumber
9 04-mar08-mar22
10 11-mar15-mar27
11 12-mar27 18-mar22-mar32
12 25-mar29-mar37
13 01-abr05-abr42

<colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; "><col style="width:38.02px;"><col style="width:76.04px;"><col style="width:76.04px;"><col style="width:18.06px;"><col style="width:18.06px;"><col style="width:101.7px;"><col style="width:82.69px;"><col style="width:76.04px;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

CellFormula
C11=VLOOKUP(B11,F9:H13,3,1)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Awesome, Thank you.

Upvote 0
I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back