New to the forum and new to excel

mrswilson

I'm new to this forum and very new to excel as well. There are some things I can do but this i need is over my head. I've gotten a template from the microsoft template site to use for my employees taxes etc to calculate and add into a paystub. The spreadsheet works wonderful and is just fabulous with the exception of I need year to date totals for my employees gross and net wages and the employee taxes withheld. I need all of them to have year to date totals. With me not having the experience I need to do this I was hoping someone could help me out. I was looking on another forum and saw someone was giving someone else the formulas and instructions to make this happen.
Well it was WAAAYYY over my head! I just need this done and I feel like with all you professionals that are here SOMEONE might be kind enough to do it for me and it probably wouldn't take you ten min or so to do it ...just a guestimate lol
Anyway, the files name is Pay-stub-with-calculator.xlt on the microsoft website for templates Payroll calculator with pay stubs - Templates

Thank you in advance and blessings.
Leslie Wilson
PS i'll be ever so greatful!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
mrswilson,

Welcome to Mr Excel

Maybe this might help a little?

Excel 2007
NOPQR
4Total Regular Deductions (Excluding taxes, in dollars)YTD UpTo This DateYTD GrossYTD NettYTD Taxes
5$60.0001/02/2014$610.00$297.90$292.11
6$70.0001/02/2014$600.00$301.70$298.30
7$55.0001/02/2014$952.50$535.07$417.43
8$24.0001/02/2014$489.00$278.94$210.06
9$0.00
EMPLOYEE INFORMATION

Excel 2007
A
2Notes
3The file is now a Macro-Enabled file.
5You will need to Enable Macros when the file opens or better still, set the file as a Trusted file or it's folder as a Trusted Location by using Excel Options >> Trust Center
6Google how if stuck.
8Maintane employee details as normal.
10If start of year then clear the contents of cell O5:R?? Before doing first import.
12If starting part way through year then type in the current YTD period date and YTD totals to that date as starting values in columns O to R
14Click the button at the top of the PAYROLL CALCULATOR sheet to update the YTD totals.
Notes

Link to the modified file.....https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq6byzlcl39tv3e/mrswilson.xlsm?dl=0

If I haven't captured the values you need then I can alter it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back