Non-existing data link

Mel Smith

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
When I open a spreadsheet, to which I have got one link to another workbook, I get an error message which tells me that 'another' link cannot be found/opened etc. I have looked in Data/Edit Links and the only link listed is the one that I have put in. No other link is shown. How can I found where this non-existent link is and sever whatever connection there may be?

Thanks for your help.

Mel

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
There are no Named Ranges. I'm not sure what you mean by Data Validation Cells. I couldn't see what you meant...

Mel

Upvote 0
Occaisionally, I inherit workbooks where Data Validation (dropdown lists in cells) was used AND the list of valid items contains ranges on other workbooks.

I have some VBA code that lists the settings for every DV cell in a worksheet. But, if you only have a few it's worth scrutinizing them.

Upvote 0
Many thanks, Ron. Strangely there are no drop down lists or DV either. Very odd...

Mel

Upvote 0
There is some CF which I will re-check but it only refers to ranges within each sheet i.e. if "home" colour the cell green and if "away" colour it blue. They don't refer to other sheets.

Mel

Upvote 0
Many thanks, Sandy. Some (more) investigative work this evening.

Mel

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gina V

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back