Not Sure What to Use - Please Help

IrishCowboy

I'm a strict novice with Excel, but love what I can do and have so much to learn. I love this site as a learning tool. Here's my issue: I want to return a different mathematical equation based upon which selection an end user selects from a drop down validation list.

In more detail, I have a business that offers 5 different payment plans. What I want to do is plug in the total end cost in A1, select the payment plan in my drop down list n A2 (I don't need with this, I have this already) and then based upon which of the 5 selections I choose in A2, the result will return the down payment (10%, 25%, 50%,75% or 100% of the amount in A1) in A4 and the monthly payment (9 months, 6 months, 6 months, 3 months, 0 months respectively) in A5.

Do I use VLookup table or If/Then statement?? If so, how do I build it All I have so far is the validation table so far.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hello,

Try something like this in cell A4

=IF(A2="Plan 1",Insert Plan 1 equation,IF(A2="Plan 2",Insert Plan 2 equation,IF(A2="Plan 3", Insert Plan 3 equation,IF(A2="Plan 4", Insert Plan 4 equation, IF(A2="Plan 5", Insert Plan 5 equation,"No Plan Selected")))))

Upvote 0
Nine Zero............Thank you!!! After a few attempts of figuring out what goes where and what " " marks to delete, The formula you gave me worked to perfection. Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0
Yeah it was kinda hard to do it without much information lol but I'm glad you got it... I would much rather give you a base to start rather than giving you the full answer, this way you solve it on your own and learn from it then you add that to your knowledge!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back