Office 365 filter function not working

Fanta0575

Just subscribed to office 365,filter f7nction working on my laptop and excel on my phone yet not working on other laptop, I have 5 devices which I can use the subscription on, why is the filter function working on some devices and not others!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Is FILTER function not working or simply not available on the errant laptop
What is returned whenF ILTER formula is used
- #NAME? tells you the function is missing

Excel's File \ Account tab may provide a clue
- is it displaying Office 365 under Product Information?

In either case trying reinstalling OFFICE 365 on that laptop

Upvote 0
Just subscribed to office 365,filter f7nction working on my laptop and excel on my phone yet not working on other laptop, I have 5 devices which I can use the subscription on, why is the filter function working on some devices and not others!
Currently, as of 28 November, the Dynamic Arrays have been "flighted" to 20% of all Office 365 Monthly Channel accounts. The process of "flighting" is new at Microsoft and has personally been driving me crazy.

The thought process at Microsoft: "We are afraid this new feature will break something so we will send it out to 1% of all Office 365 accounts and see if there are a rash of negative feedback." 1% could be 5 million installs of Office. Last week, they flighted to a small percentage to see if any issues popped up. They did not. So, they increased to 20% of all Office 365 Monthly customers. This could be 100 million customers. That is why some of your devices have it and others do not. Both devices will have the exact same build. It is super maddening.

The Twitter account to watch for updates is Joe McDaid - he is a project manager on the Calc team.

Upvote 0
Currently, as of 28 November, the Dynamic Arrays have been "flighted" to 20% of all Office 365 Monthly Channel accounts. The process of "flighting" is new at Microsoft and has personally been driving me crazy.

The thought process at Microsoft: "We are afraid this new feature will break something so we will send it out to 1% of all Office 365 accounts and see if there are a rash of negative feedback." 1% could be 5 million installs of Office. Last week, they flighted to a small percentage to see if any issues popped up. They did not. So, they increased to 20% of all Office 365 Monthly customers. This could be 100 million customers. That is why some of your devices have it and others do not. Both devices will have the exact same build. It is super maddening.

The Twitter account to watch for updates is Joe McDaid - he is a project manager on the Calc team.
Thanks for the informative reply, hopefully they'll roll this out for all users asap, this function was one of the main reasons for me to subscribe to office 365 as it's not available on any other edition.
Goimg forward will they release this on future editions or just hold users to ransom for the subscription paid edition of excel!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back