Paste across and color

poikl

Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,Thank you for helping me in the past.
I have a formula in Cel# J2 entered as ARRAY, (which I adapted from MREXCEL replies to others):
=IFERROR(INDEX('[Inx.xls]All Inxs'!$L$2:$L$9839,SMALL(IF('[Inx.xls]All Inxs'!$B$2:$B$9839=$A2,ROW('[Inx.xls]All Inxs'!$I$2:$I$9839)-ROW('[Inx.xls]All Inxs'!$I$2)+1),COLUMNS($J2:J2))),"")
1) Can you please correct it so it can easily be pasted across to adjacent Columns J, K, L, M, N (without having to change the formula every time?
2) And more importantly, to COLOR Green, if the Left 3 letters (of the result in Col J,K,L,M,N) match the Left 3 Letters in adjacent ColG so it can be identified as a match?
Thanks again

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
PLEASE-Re: Paste across and color

I'd be so grateful if someone can please try helping me with my urgent work demand

Upvote 0
Re: PLEASE-Re: Paste across and color

I have not tested your formula, but it looks perfect to me and can be copied across to yield multiple results, since:
in J2 the part COLUMNS($J2:J2) is equal to 1 and the formula returns the smallest row that meets the condition;
in K2 this part becomes COLUMNS($J2:K2) that is equal to 2 and the formula returns the second smallest row
and so on

What is your problem?

Don't understand the question about color, but i think you can use conditional formatting.

A small data sample along with expected results would be helpful.

M.

Upvote 0
Marcelo thank you for reviewing my urgent problem. I want to avoid changing the code from "J" to "K" to "L" etc every time that I need to paste across.

Upvote 0
Marcelo thank you for reviewing my urgent problem. I want to avoid changing the code from "J" to "K" to "L" etc every time that I need to paste across.

I'm confused...
I think you don't need to change anything.
Just copy/drag the formula to the right and everything should work fine.When copied the formula automatically changes Columns($J2:J2) to Columns($J2:K2); to Columns($J2:L2)....
Have you tried?

M.

Upvote 0
I'm confused...
I think you don't need to change anything.
Just copy/drag the formula to the right and everything should work fine.When copied the formula automatically changes Columns($J2:J2) to Columns($J2:K2); to Columns($J2:L2)....
Have you tried?

M.

Marcelo, Thank you very much for helping me I didn't realize that it changed the column automatically.
Can you please help me with coloring if the Left 3 letters (of the result in Col J,K,L,M,N) match the Left 3 Letters in adjacent ColG so it can be identified as a match?

Upvote 0
Select J2:N2 being J2 the active cell (the one not shaded after the selection)
Home > Conditional Formatting > New rule > Use a formula to determine which cells to format
insert this formula
=LEFT($G2,3)=LEFT(J2,3)
Format button
pick the format you want

M.

Upvote 0
Select J2:N2 being J2 the active cell (the one not shaded after the selection)
Home > Conditional Formatting > New rule > Use a formula to determine which cells to format
insert this formula
=LEFT($G2,3)=LEFT(J2,3)
Format button
pick the format you want

M.

Thank you Marcelo again for helping me with this. It worked perfect.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back