pickup values from 40 different tables

ndatta

I have pickup values from 40 different tables based on the a particular value. For example, If my value is ABC then I have to pick the value from a the table specific to ABC, and so on. Each table have 2 columns (one date and one value for that date). These two columns are same across all 40 tables.

Then if the value is XYZ I have to pick the value from XYZ table which has 2 columns (one date and one value for that date) and so on.

Please help.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
What do you mean by "pick up"? Are you just retrieving an individual value? Or manipulating the value in some way, e.g. as part of a calculation?
You say you have a value, e.g. ABC, that indicates what table to read from and that the table consists of a dates and values but you don't say what you're looking for in that table. Are you looking for a specific date and wanting to retrieve the value associated with it? If so, where is the date you are using as a lookup? Are you expecting a value from all 40 tables? Or something else?
Where are the 40 tables stored? In the same workbook or separate files?
Are you looking for a formula solution or VBA?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What do you mean by "pick up"? Are you just retrieving an individual value? Or manipulating the value in some way, e.g. as part of a calculation?
You say you have a value, e.g. ABC, that indicates what table to read from and that the table consists of a dates and values but you don't say what you're looking for in that table. Are you looking for a specific date and wanting to retrieve the value associated with it? If so, where is the date you are using as a lookup? Are you expecting a value from all 40 tables? Or something else?
Where are the 40 tables stored? In the same workbook or separate files?
Are you looking for a formula solution or VBA?

Tables are for different shares, they contain date and corresponding value of share, 40 tables in total.

When someone enters a share and a date, they should be able to get the value of that share for that date extracted from the tables.

It's in a same workbook.

A formula or a Vba solution will do nothing specific.

So, again, the table contains two columns, dates and value. 40 different tables

Upvote 0
So a share is in your example ABC

With ABC in A1
and a date in A2
it's just a simple VLOOKUP with an INDIRECT to find that date

=VLOOKUP(A2,INDIRECT(A1&"!A1:B1000"),2,0)

Amend as required

Upvote 0
I don't think I explained this properly. I have this table (below) with 3 columns D,E, F. Now I have in N7, "Input Share" and in N8, "Input Date", N9 should give the output, "Value". So, the problem I am facing is I have to match N7 with Col D and N8 with Col E and get the corresponding value in Col F in N9. Trust this clarifies.

Col DCol ECol F
ShareDateValue
Swiss1/1/200820.1
Swiss1/2/200825.3
Swiss1/3/200830.5
Swiss1/4/200835.7
NYK1/1/200860.4
NYK1/2/200870.8
NYK1/3/200881.2
FT1001/17/200845.9
FT1001/18/200852.8
FT1001/19/200859.7

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup>

Upvote 0
This works

=INDEX(F2:F11,MATCH(N7,IF(E2:E11=N8,D2:D11),0),1)
Array formula, use Ctrl-Shift-Enter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Slatter

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back