Pivot chart help needed

Reshaw

Board Regular
I'm hoping this is a simple problem to fix, thanks in advance for looking.

I have a report that details lost time incidents by date. The report goes back 3 years.

I have used grouping on the date column to seperate out years and months. the pivot table shows this perfectly.

I then need to insert a pivot chart that represents this however it shows one continuous line of all consecutive dates.

I want it to show three lines one for each year to do a comparison year by year.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks again
Robin

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Robin,

If you can supply a file sample or a screen shot of the chart and table so we can see what you see. If the data is sensitive, create a copy using dummy labels.

My initial guidance is to right-click the data in your PivotTable and Group by Date. Then in the Field List on the right, change the order of the fields in the Axis window (lower left) by dragging a field down below the next one. That will change that way groups are displayed.

Upvote 0
Robin,

If you can supply a file sample or a screen shot of the chart and table so we can see what you see. If the data is sensitive, create a copy using dummy labels.

My initial guidance is to right-click the data in your PivotTable and Group by Date. Then in the Field List on the right, change the order of the fields in the Axis window (lower left) by dragging a field down below the next one. That will change that way groups are displayed.
Thanks for your response Grasor, I'm afraid I wrote this quite some time ago and can't remember precisely what I was trying to do!

Please consider the matter closed.

Thanks
Robin

Upvote 0
Oh wow that was a necro post! It showed up at the top of my unanswered threads list and I didn't mind the date! Well...asked and answered? :)

Upvote 0
Oh wow that was a necro post! It showed up at the top of my unanswered threads list and I didn't mind the date! Well...asked and answered? :)
Honestly, it was so long ago that I can't remember what I was trying to achieve! I am not even sure which company I was working for at the time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anniewonder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back