Please please can I get help with CF charts based on category

halesowenmum

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I've got a dashboard with doughnut charts - lots of 'em and I need to be able to CF them based on the category NOT values.

I am completely stuck.

I have followed this: https://peltiertech.com/vba-conditional-formatting-of-charts-by-category-label/ and filled the cells with the colours I want but it is not being reflected in the donut chart. I'm completely and totally stuck, and, unfortunately I cannot link to anything on there at all - I have just downloaded Excel Jeanie but literally have no idea how to use as all the links to the help/how to use guidance are broken. Also downloaded Mr Excel HTML Maker, extracted, but it's not showing as an available add-in in Excel and tells me it was only partially extracted.... so totally unable to post a link to the spreadsheet. :(

Trying to progress this in the absence of the ability to link to the spreadsheet, let me explain what I've done so far.

Row 5 entire row filled to green (cell J5 has the word 'In progress' and is represented on the chart under category 1)
Row 6 entire row filled to red (cell J6 has the word 'Late' and is represented on the chart under category 2)
Row 7 entire row filled to grey (cell J7 has the word 'Not started' and is represented on the chart under category 3)
Row 8 entire row filled to blue (cell J8 has the word 'Completed' and is represented on the chart under category 4)
All standard colours, nothing fancy.

Chart references cells K5 thru K8 which have all the values in them (currently just manually entered, no formulas or CF applied, just colour fill).

I have tried the VBA code referring to J5:J8 and then tried referring it to K5:K8 and the colours in the segments remain resolutely default and don't connect to the fill colours I've used at all.

What have I done wrong? I badly need assistance with this and have no idea how to move this forward - thank you.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Do any of you clever people on here have any suggestions you can point me in the right direction with??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back