Pop-up Form for address data-entry.

RHUL

Hello all,
I have a table (tblDatabase_Rocks) where details of field-collected samples are entered into via a form (frmRocks). Each record has a unique Primary Key field (SiteNumber). These are entered into the txtSiteNumber control on the frmRocks. Occasionally, an address will need to be entered after clicking a checkbox (chkAddress). I do not want a cluttered form, so have opted for a ‘pop-up’ form (frmAddress) containing the fields required.
Unfortunately, the boss requires that these addresses are entered into the same table as the rest of the data and I can’t get this to work! All the methods I have tried either write to record #1, or refuse to be entered in as the txtSiteNumber control has not yet been saved, so Access thinks the user is trying to create a duplicate! I have also tried setting frmAddress form record source to a query based on the txtSiteNumber control value on frmRocks to select only the record I want to add data to, but this still creates the ‘duplicate’ problem or requires that the frmRocks is saved first (which needs to be done later due to validation/quality checks ran on the click of the ‘done’ button).
I don’t want hidden fields on the frmRocks to pass the data to (although this would be sufficient for the interim).
I have just discovered the ‘tabbed’ form, so am planning to explore this option (the tab would need to be ‘greyed out’ while chkAddress is unchecked, or if no data is present). I’ve not used these before, so any advice would be good…
Future plans would involve using frmAddress for address entry from numerous other forms.
Any assistance in solving this will be greatly appreciated, as will alternative solutions/ideas!
Thank you!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi wouldnt a simple option to copy the address from the frmAddres into the text box on the form do, something like this.

me.txtAddress.value = me.frmAddress.txtAddress.value

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamil ahmed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back