Power Query - Append Grouped Rows based on specific columns AND row values

lzcrss2

Hi! My data set has 117,000 rows and 14 columns. It is at an item and week level. There is a week column, an item description column, 11 columns of characteristics that describe/classify the item, and finally the value column (cost).

Is it possible, via M code or otherwise, for me to group by certain columns, and only for certain row values, and then append those groupings onto the existing data set?

Here is a fake example data set. In this example, I don't want to append rows for ALL combinations of "Type"+"Size"+"Source", I just want to see all weeks of data for the 2 specific combos at the bottom: Large apple from supermarket and Small orange from farmer's market. This example is just in an Excel spreadsheet where I used SumIfs just to illustrate what I want my query to do.

1613182459954.png

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Filter your data twice for both criteria, then append data again.

You can do this in 1 query, where you refer to an earlier step when needed (m-code knowledge required), or in different queries, referring to another query if you need a UI-based solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sampak88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back