Problem with Trusted Documents I work on for other people

9tanstaafl9

Any advice appreciated. I've finally gotten passable at VBA/Excel but this issue is weird and when I search I just find articles on how to enable when I want to disable.

I have a report that I edit for a company that is not on my network. I recently started having an issue because after making any changes, the document somehow becomes Trusted on my computer within the ODBC connection, and then when they try to run it on their computer they get an error message saying they can't run it. They get no option to simply trust it from their side. I don't have a trusted location or anything like that set up on my computer.

I can work around the issue by opening every query and changing the Trusted YES to a NO within the connection string, but if I forget and run the report first then it changes back to YES and they can't run it.

This never happened until a few weeks ago. Is there some setting somewhere or anything I can do to prevent this behavior? Or is there a workaround I can give the other company that they can do on their end?

Using Office 365, Windows 10.

Thanks again for any advice, and I apologize in advance if there's a big thread somewhere that explains this that I didn't find.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Nevermind, I figured it out. Someone else had set up the queries and he used an ODBC connection that used windows authentication instead of using his usual SQL method.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back