Pulling only certain data

AndyGray

Hi Guys, I'm working on a spreadsheet with 500,000 fields so quite a lot of data I need to filter.

Column names are "Customer, Item, Price 1, From1, Price2 From2, Price 3, From3, Price 4, From4" (ABCDEFGHIJ)

This is the data in these fields.

Customer
Item
PRICE1FROM1TO1
PRICE2
FROM2TO2PRICE3FROM3TO3PRICE4FROM4TO4
C1
Product1
C1
Product2
C1
Product3

<colgroup><col><col><col span="12"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

All this is my bulk data displayed in sheet 1. Price 1 is the price that the customer pays for a product if they purchase between 0 and 9 they pay x amount, if they order 10-14 they pay x amount again etc... the new system doesn't require a range just an amount... So if you order 9 you pay this (and it uses the next "From" price to determine the end of the product)

This data needs inserting into another sheet which has "Customer, Item, Amount (from2,3,4 etc..), Price" So i want a formula which will say "If Price 2 is greater than zero then insert Customer, CardCode, From, and Price" into this field... Then i want it to read price 3 and 4 and add these into the next row down.. To give me something like this

C1, Product1, 10, £1.50
C1, Product1, 15, £1.25
Product 2 and 3 contain 0 in them fields so move onto next value?

Not entirely sure how to work this... I have been using the filter, manually looking for the values which are outside of 0 and pasting it into another sheet... but surley they must be a way to automate this?

Thanks for any help!

Andy

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
this is really what Microsoft Access database is for. It does this via a simple query.
Doing it in excel is a coding pain in the neck.
you should think about changing your platform.

Upvote 0
I had to do it in excel for data migration from one system to another, all of the templates are made in CSV format. I raised another thread finding another roundabout way to do it and Joe figured a way around it.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PressEscape

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back