Query not refreshing

sebasat

Hi,
I have a problem when trying to refresh Queries. I created a file, which needs some data from other files, so created a few Queries. Everything was working fine until now, when I started getting the error:

[DataFormat.Error]|ErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with E_FAIL90x800004005).
or
[DataFormat.Error] The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.

Also, the file, which I need to take the data from (let's call it "source file") is opening "read-only" on the screen, when trying to refresh the Query. The source file is the file, which is saved daily, it's got exactly the same format of data every day. So, the plan was to Edit the Query daily and change the File Path in Source to today's source file. I also have other Queries for other files, which are working fine. That second error message says something about the file being opened by another user but other files are also opened and there are no issues there. Also, when it was working before, the file was opened and the Query was refreshed no problem. Any ideas please ?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Cross-posted here: https://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/1261500-query-not-refreshing.html

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back