Restaurant Billing System

dharminderarora

Hi All,
I am a moderate level excel and VBA user, I want to create a billing system for one of my friends restaurant, I need suggestions from experienced excel users in the forum, how should I go about this. I mean what should be the approach for this system

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Re: Need suggestions for Restaurant Billing System

My honest opinion would be to use a back end database like MySQL or the free version of SQL Server and design an app using .NET. I would avoid using VBA all together as it would be easy to break for end users. Personally, I would use .NET and a third party free application called NPOI (which does a great job of importing and exporting to Excel) and does not cause issues like HTML to Excel. 2nd advice, Use Squirrel or Aloha which are the most popular restaurant based applications and are not that expensive.

Upvote 0

Welcome to the Board!

I find database programs are usually better for this kind of task (which Excel is not). The previous reply mentioned SQL or MySQL. For a little simpler version, you could also just use Microsoft Access, and have everything contained within.

My only recommendation is to make sure it is well-designed, which usually means understanding Relational Database theory & design. If you are not familiar with these concepts and Access, you probably wouldn't be able to create a well designed database yourself, unless you acquire those skills first.

Upvote 0

Thanks very much for your quick replies, I will be starting my work on access, thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back