Saved Excel File with 4 Protected Worksheets, Protection Dropped on e-Mailing file

legreenwood

I have retested and the workbook shows all 4 worksheets (individually) password protected, but on e-mailing the protection is not present.

I tested with the above action PLUS "Protect workbook" and that seems to hold the protection for 1 page that's visible but is still not working correctly:
  • Is there a problem since protecting the sheet wasn't enough?
  • My recipient is within my company using the same e-mail system (Outlook 2013) and Excel version (2010) but is only able to see the first tab (read-only, with no clue there are other tabs. We don't share a drive - I'm helping out from another area - so he can't just go get the file AND I'm glad for the problem there because we may be heading off another problem with other users outside our company.
  • This is a problem not only for him but for his clients he wants to send the file to.
  • I prefer not to encrypt, as the file is a blank application form, yet I do want to protect it so people don't surreptitiously change the application (would put us at a disadvantage legally and professionally.)

Please help - I've never encountered this before & now I'm worried other files I have thought were protected weren't.

Best,

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nattarinee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back