Search for Referenced Data

Frank J

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to search for data using a referenced cell and on a different worksheet return the value in the row below in the proper column. On the first worksheet the referenced cell's value is 107, I want to look at the second worksheet and find 107, look across the columns to a specific column and then look down at the row below to find the data in that cell. In the example below the answer would be 79,300.
BJ

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Does this help you?

Excel 2010
ABCDEFGHI
1107BJ41,00025,0008,70010779300
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I1=INDEX(A1:F2,MATCH(H1,A1:A2,FALSE)+1,6)

Upvote 0
Will this work on a sheet where I'll need 71 of these spread out over 11 columns and 500 rows?

Upvote 0
I'm getting #N/A when there is a blank cell as a result of the formula, how can I get it to return a zero or blank in this instance?

Upvote 0
I'm at work so I can't use all the tools to upload the workbook but I'm trying to format data imported from an SQL query that's now in excel and is all over the sheet since the import was from text to excel. I have 71 gaming tables with data for each on 3 different rows across 10 columns. It's not sorted and can't really be so I'm trying use the ID numbers which are unique to each as a focal point to organize the data. I'm trying to pull it across the sheet to cells to the right. The data is stored in cells A1 to K700 so I'm pulling the data to the right starting in column Q. The desire is to have it sorted by table ID number vertically with the inventory of each denomination listed across in columns with a total to the far right.
I took your formula and adjusted for the proper cells making the Index portion look in A1:K700 and the Match to use the ID numbers as a reference point and using the same array adjusting for rows and columns where each denomination is stored.

Upvote 0
=INDEX($B$9:$K$700,MATCH($R9,$B$9:$K$700,FALSE)*0,3) for the data on the same row and =INDEX($B$9:$K$700,MATCH($R9,$B$9:$K$700,FALSE)+2,3) for data 2 rows below and =INDEX($B$9:$K$700,MATCH($R9,$B$9:$K$700,FALSE)+1,9) for data 1 row below. Adjusting for different columns

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kon123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back