Setting out data and or multiple ranges with Multiple lookups.

shadows200354

Hi all,

I have hit a dead end and am in need of some help. Apologies in advance as this scenario is slightly lengthy I want to ensure that you all have the full information.

The data that comes out of the accounting system is raw data dumps from 2 SQL data tables, one gives me all the purchase order and their current state, Open, partial open or closed and total PO value. The second table gives me the dept. code and nominal code and if the PO is split between different department/nominals their individual values.

what i have done so far is I am able get the data by department and nominal for the open and partial POs, using sumifs, in two separate datasets on a different sheet. (1 data set shows PO split by dept, and the other by nominal same PO)

I need a way of transferring this data from this sheet through a look up into another workbook/ sheet. where the data is limited by dept and nominal on the side. you take the data straight from the data dumps if needed.

I have attached an example and labelled the tabs accordingly. Tab "data transfer layout tab" would be destination tab. "current sumifs tab" is where the sumifs are kept, this is an example

There are 999 departments and 250 nominal codes and Say 16000 PO numbers.

Dropbox link attached Dropbox - sent to test.xlsx. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi Steve the fish,

The data sets from both SQL tables are 20-30 columns and around 16000+ rows trying to get them to pivot up chokes the machine. Also i have provided the what it currently looks like. Also both tables differ from each other one so there is no 1:1 match as described above.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back