Setting up Euchre Tournament, want to rank players based on score (RANK questions)

TT_Vert

So basically the players names are B3:B14
Round tallies will be C3:C14 to L3:L14. I have the sum of all rounds in column M. I was able to set up a RANK column to show the users current rank using =RANK(M3,$M$3:$M$14,0)+COUNTIF($B$1:B1,B1)-1 However I would like to have a separate area which I will call Leader board which can rank the players in order from highest to lowest by pulling their name (C Column) and their total score (M column).

I've included a link the file to show where I am at w/ this excel spreadsheet. I can do very basic excel formulas but I'm working to improve my skills. Maybe an array would be a better way to do this but I'm now above my pay grade.

Thank you very much.

Dave

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Try adding Col S to your leaderboard, add =RANK.EQ(R3,R$3:R$14,0) to Cell S3 and draw the formula down the column.

I think that should overcome your issues.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

So basically the players names are B3:B14
.. current rank using =RANK(M3,$M$3:$M$14,0)+COUNTIF($B$1:B1,B1)-1
I haven't looked at your sheet, but what does the count of names in column B have to do with the rank? :confused:

BTW, you will attract more helpers if you put your sample data directly in your post. Follow the "Look here" link in my signature block below.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks I wasn't sure if you guys wanted me to clutter up the thread w/ that since there are a few different reference cells. With that said I think I've got this rectified.

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
letonuslepus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back