Show a list of weekday dates excluding weekends

lewdow

Hi,

I need to show a dynamic list of dates in the current month, but excluding weekends e.g.

1/4/10
2/4/10
5/4/10
6/4/10
7/4/10
8/4/10
9/4/10
12/4/10

I am able to get a full list of dates as shown below, and I can also identify which dates are weekends, however I need a continuous list excluding weekends.

Current setup is as below:

A1:A31 = Numbers 1-31 (although this will only need to be 22ish when weekends are exluded)

B1:B31 = =IF(MONTH(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1)<>MONTH(TODAY()),"#N/A",TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1). This is to show the list of all dates in the month, and if the 31st day is actually the first of the previous month

C1:C31 = =IF(IF(OR(WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1)=1,WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1)=7),"WEEKEND",TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1)="WEEKEND",C3,IF(OR(WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1)=1,WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1)=7),"WEEKEND",TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+A1)). This currently tells me the day (Thu, Fri etc) of the date, and if the day is Sat or Sun it shows "weekend".

I dont need to show 'Weekend', but I need to have a continuous list of Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Mon.........

Your help you be greatly appreciated as this has currently frustrated me for a good few hours!

Thanks

Lewis

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Here's one way to do that using WORKDAY function. WORKDAY is a native function in Excel 2007 but in earlier versions you need Analysis ToolPak installed

Start with the dates in column B...

In B1 to get the first workday of the current month

=WORKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()),1)

Then for all subsequent workdays put this formula in B2 and copy down to B23

=IF(B1="","",IF(MONTH(WORKDAY(B1,1))<>MONTH(B1),"",WORKDAY(B1,1)))

Format column B in required date format

For the number of each workday use this formula in A1 copied down to A23

=IF(B1="","",COUNT(B$1:B1))

and for the weekday in column C use this formula in C1 copied to C23

=IF(B1="","",TEXT(B1,"ddd"))

Note that row 23 will be blank for April 2010 but it'll get use when needed in subsequent months

Upvote 0
Using WORKDAY also allows you to have a list of holiday dates somewhere and exclude those dates from your list.....but if you don't want to use WORKDAY, or you can't, then you could use these formulas for B1 and B2 copied down respectively

=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())),1,1,1,1,1,3,2)+TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())

and

=IF(B1="","",IF(MONTH(IF(WEEKDAY(B1)=6,3,1)+B1)<>MONTH(B1),"",IF(WEEKDAY(B1)=6,3,1)+B1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back