Solution to Excel Problem

gucciboots

Hi everyone,

I am a novice Excel user and I'm trying to create a dynamic sheet for my company to use.

The gist is like this: I have 4 pieces of information. An event date, event name, location, and link to notes. I have these listed out in rows. What I want to do is be able to automatically order these chronologically by date.

So far, I could only figure out how to order the dates, but can't figure out how to bring the event name, location, and links to notes with that date.

I have a list of dates in, for example, A1:A1000 (assuming we will enter a lot of data). I then, in another cell, have this formula:

=ArrayFormula(INDEX($A$2:$A$1000,MATCH(ROWS($A$2:A2),COUNTIF($A$2:$A$1000,"<="&$A$2:$A$1000),0))[FONT=Inconsolata, monospace, arial, sans, sans-serif])

[/FONT][FONT=Inconsolata, monospace, arial, sans, sans-serif][/FONT]What do I do from here to arrange the other pieces of info with the dates that auto sort themselves by date?

Any help is appreciated!
[FONT=Inconsolata, monospace, arial, sans, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Fazza

MrExcel MVP
welcome

it is not clear how the data is set out

if it is simply in one table, then no formulas are needed - just a simple sort of the data

as a general rule, it is best to set the data up like database tables - basic idea is a table with headers in row 1 (date, event name, location, reference to notes) and then data underneath. no blank rows

regards

sandy666

this is not an Excel problem but GoogleSheet I suppose

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minty

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...