sometimes cannot perform SAVE in Excel

bromberg

Board Regular
Occasionally, for some reason, much to my surprise,I am unable to SAVE my changes to my Excel workbook.
Is there a way I can uncover the offending cell that is preventing the SAVE?
I typically use this workbook as my "bookmark warehouse" to store URLs and my comments in cells and excel-comments, and perform no calculations or pivot tables, etc..
Although Excel offers to do a check, it never gives any advice of what went wrong when it's done checking so I am forced to not save my work and start over...grrr!

Thanks in advance to all who reply.
Dan

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
take a copy of it, delete half of it, save 50 times, if all saves ok, start over, delete the other half and save 50 times - if save fails, start over, split in half repeat, repeat repeat

Upvote 0
take a copy of it, delete half of it, save 50 times, if all saves ok, start over, delete the other half and save 50 times - if save fails, start over, split in half repeat, repeat repeat

Thanks for your suggestion, but with all the options in Excel, you'd think they'd be able to spit out an error message pointing to the problem (or better yet, complain on the faulty entry as soon as I made it).
Thanks again,
Dan

Upvote 0
Not expecting perfection but it seems to me with all the features Excel has to offer, debugging (or better yet, preventing) a problem should be at the top of their list.
When I used to code I would always check for a zero divisor before performing division.
Dan

Upvote 0
make a copy keep deleting 5% and trying to save

Thanks, but that's too time consuming and would probably be easier to just recreate my entries (since they're usually all on my clipboard).
I'll just carry on with my MS 'love/hate' relationship.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back