sort two columns, one from each of two sheets

MrDB4Excel

Board Regular
I have looked and do not find a solution to acquire one column's data, insert it into a new sheet. Then acquire another column's data from a different sheet and enter that into the same column that the first column's data was inserted. This way the data from two columns, each from a different sheet, is pasted into a separate sheet in one column thus allowing data sort on all in one column. Somehow I suspect tables and pivot tables is the answer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The following diagram may help.

1st Sheet 2nd Sheet
Column A Column A

3rd Sheet
Column includes all entries from Sheet 1, Col A & Sheet 2, Col A

I should mention I actually need several columns to sort pas follows:
First sheet:
51 > 19FdO-1 Wed 02/Oct/2019 @ 20:10
54 > 19FdO-2 Thu 03/Oct/2019 @ 09:16
57 > 19FdO-3 Fri 04/Oct/2019 @ 06:44
Second sheet:
52 > 19TdO-1 Wed 02/Oct/2019 @ 16:01
53 > 19TdO-2 Wed 02/Oct/2019 @ 22:46
55 > 19TdO-3 Thu 03/Oct/2019 @ 11:34

In addition I actually have 6 sheets with a total of 98 entries (rows) across all six sheets that all need to be sorted.
In case you may ask; I need to do this to check the date & time in chronological order against the numbered column, in this case what you see here designated by 51, 54, 57, 52, 53, & 55.

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

James006

Just turn on your macro recorder ... and go once through your process ...

You will get a good starting point ...

Hope this will help

MrDB4Excel

Board Regular
Just turn on your macro recorder ... and go once through your process ...

You will get a good starting point ...

Hope this will help
Sorry, but this is above my pay grade. Process? What process?
I do not even know where to begin.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Industrial_Eng_SA

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...