Sport Stats - How to Format

larinda4

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning,

I'm making a spreadsheet to keep track of our leagues win/losses and stats. However, I think I'm formatting it incorrectly? The problem I'm having is if I try to filter it by home team, it won't show me the the same team when they're the visiting team.

ex. I want to see all of Norwood #2 matches but it won't show me if they're a visiting team.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how I should format this so I'm able to see a team whether they're home or visitor?

Attachments

• WVEBL Pic.PNG
    WVEBL Pic.PNG
    67.6 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
One way is to use the new Filter function in a different place (off to the right of your current data or on another sheet).

Your formula would look something like this:
Excel Formula:
=VSTACK(FILTER(A:W,B:B="Norwood #3",""),FILTER(A:W,R:R="Norwood #3",""))

Upvote 0
One way is to use the new Filter function in a different place (off to the right of your current data or on another sheet).

Excel Formula:
I'll try it out! Thanks Joe!

Upvote 0

Excel Formula:
It worked! Is there any way to maintain the data in order of date though?

Or create "to" and "from" cells to input the dates and it only pulls data between that?

Thanks for all your help, Joe!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try this:
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(A:W,(B:B="Norwood #3")+(R:R="Norwood #3"),"")

Upvote 0
Solution
Try this:
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(A:W,(B:B="Norwood #3")+(R:R="Norwood #3"),"")
I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this or if you could help me through here. If I need to start a new thread, please let me know and I will do so.

I'll try to explain this as best as I can:

I want to stack information now based on player. I have my player name is cell D1 and I want it to pull from either home or away based on the player name in D1. I want it to show Player Name, Handicap, Total, Win/Loss but it doesn't need to show the opponent.

For example, if the player was home, it would take columns C:G of that row and create a new list off to the side. If they were away, it would take columns S:W of that row and add it to the created list off to the side.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of a formula for this but now I'm thinking maybe I'd need to create a code?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this or if you could help me through here. If I need to start a new thread, please let me know and I will do so.

I'll try to explain this as best as I can:

I want to stack information now based on player. I have my player name is cell D1 and I want it to pull from either home or away based on the player name in D1. I want it to show Player Name, Handicap, Total, Win/Loss but it doesn't need to show the opponent.

For example, if the player was home, it would take columns C:G of that row and create a new list off to the side. If they were away, it would take columns S:W of that row and add it to the created list off to the side.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of a formula for this but now I'm thinking maybe I'd need to create a code?
It would be best to start a new thread, and to show your data, like you did in your first post in this thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back