Storing multiple dates in one cell

ajaxx66

I want to preface this by saying that I am VERY much a novice Excel user (using Excel 2016). I am trying to create a client tracking list and one of the columns I have is "Date(s) of service". Every client will have a different number of services dates, which I would like to keep in the same cell, and only see the most recent date of service.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi ajaxx66,

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're trying to do. If you'd like to hide all of the dates except the first one in each cell, you could try highlighting all of the dates you'd like to hide in any particular cell and changing the font color to white. The data would still be there, and would show up in the formula bar at the top, but it would be invisible in the cell itself. Let me know if you're looking for something else.

All the best,
Matt

Upvote 0
Keeping all dates in one cell means you can't really do anything with them...filtering, sorting, formulas, pivot tables, charts.
While matts idea makes sense....i'd simply use a new column for each "Date of service"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronaldj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back