suggestion?

ctz

Hi all, I need some suggestion, to solved my problem..i have one pc server (assume pc as server) and will connect to 3 others pc..connect here mean,3 others pc will take the data from pc server and was allowed to edit that data..
That 3 others pc also will connect to each other.. in a meantime, everything was happen in 3 others pc will shown in pc server which mean pc server will get a latest data when 3 others pc was saved!
Question is,how 3 others pc want to call data/sheet/worksheet in pc server ?
Refer to above situation we cant’ just share folder right?
So…how can I do that?
Any suggestion??

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
This is not clear to me, but if you want several people to all be able to access the same workbook at the same time, you can 'Share' the workbook.
Tools|Share Workbook...|Allow changes...

However, this has some draw-backs as well. Search this forum and I think you will find more information about that.

Upvote 0
thanks reply me...i have done with share workbook..allow changes but i wont work bcoz my workbook have macro and written vba..

and thanks for suggestion to search forum..;)

Upvote 0
...i have done with share workbook..allow changes but i wont work bcoz my workbook have macro and written vba..
Sharing the workbook does not stop your macros working, all it does is stop you viewing or editing the macros. If you need to do that, just un-share the workbook, view/edit your macros and share the workbook again.

Upvote 0
my macro i assign in to button and had a little bit vba written..so if i share workbook, when u click to that button, it wont work, display error..

so how? :confused:

Upvote 0
my macro i assign in to button and had a little bit vba written..so if i share workbook, when u click to that button, it wont work, display error..

so how? :confused:
Must be something specific about your macro because I have shared workbooks with macros attached to buttons and they are working fine.

Can you post your macro code and explain in words what it is supposed to do?

Also, what error do you get and can you 'debug' to see which line of code is the problem?

You say your macro is assigned to a button. Is that a toolbar button or maybe a Command Button (Forms toolbar or Control Toolbox Command Button)?

Upvote 0
Oh..really..maybe something missing in my macro, I have try with friends bcoz u said your system doing fine even though u have assign a macro on button..for a simple system, is ok so I try on my system so this is what happen
Actually my button its not really a button..its a shape (not from toolbox) and I assign it with macro and function like a button and the error is Run-time error ‘1004’ Unprotect method of worksheet class failed
I protect my sheet and on error only button END active, the others include DEBUG inactive..is that bcoz I protect my sheet and of course with a password..
And I’m using excel 2007..is that make a different?
I hope this statement will understand u, And thank for your attention!

Upvote 0
Yes, you hadn't previously mentioned that the sheet was protected and this does make a difference. I did mention earlier that there are some drawbacks with using the 'sharing' feature, and this is one of them.

Here is an extract from the Excel 2007 Help about sharing a workbook:

Use the Share Workbook feature when:

You do not expect to change the following features, which cannot be modified after a workbook is shared: merged cells, conditional formats, data validation, charts, pictures, objects (including drawing objects), hyperlinks, scenarios, outlines, subtotals, data tables, PivotTable reports, workbook and worksheet protection, and macros.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back