SUMIFS in VBA

TG2812

Board Regular
Hi, can anyone explain me how to translate this formula excel into VBA?

=SUMIFS($H:$H,$A:$A,$A2,$B:$B,$B2,$D:$D,$D2,$E:$E,$E2)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: SUMIFS in VBA Help needed please

Can you explain in a few short words what you're trying to do?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

- I'm trying to track all changes that occur in worksheet "Main" and document them in worksheet "Tracking"
- Once old value and new value are reported, I'm calculating the change (in value) and the remaining balance for which i need the sumproduct formula
- The SumProduct sums all the changes in transit (column H) for a given product (column A), warehouse (Column D) and date (Column E) and returns a surplus or a deficit (see example below)

Example: For product1, region 1, warehouse1 and December 2018, I add 5 days of transit. My deficit will be -5.
Now, for product1, region2, warehouse1 and December 2018, I add 6 days of transit. My deficit will be -5 + 6 = 1

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

I meant as it relates to your variable rw. In any case, it looks like rw defines the last row for your ranges, so maybe...

Code:
dblMyVal = Evaluate("SUMPRODUCT(($H$2:$H$" & rw & ")*($A$2:$A$" & rw & "=A2)*($B$2:$B$" & rw & "=B2)*($D$2:$D$" & rw & "=D2)*(MONTH($E$2:$E$" & rw & ")=MONTH(E2))*(YEAR($E$2:$E$" & rw & ")=YEAR(E2)))")

Upvote 0

Hi Domenic, Joe4,

I tried the below formula but nothing's changing. Is there something in the whole code I need to adjust cause I really do not know why this is not working..
Thanks in advance.

dblMyVal = Evaluate("SUMPRODUCT(($H:$H)*($A:$A=A" & rw & ")*($D:$D=D" & rw & ")*(MONTH($E:$E)=MONTH(E" & rw & "))*(YEAR($E:$E)=YEAR(E" & rw & ")))")

Upvote 0

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.:)

Upvote 0

Make sure that Column E, along with all other cells that contain dates, contain true date values. You can test whether a cell contains a true date value by using the following worksheet formula...

=ISNUMBER(E2)

The formula will return True if it's a true date value. Otherwise it will return False.

Upvote 0

In looking at your code that you posted earlier, I see that you haven't referred to your worksheet Tracking for the ranges. As a result, the references will refer to the active sheet. So this is probably one issue. Another issue might be that while rw refers to the last used row in Column A of Tracking, you're using it to define the criteria instead of the ranges. Is this what you in fact want?

Upvote 0

For point #1 : do you have an example to illustrate?
For point #2 : the variable rw helps to define the criteria instead of the ranges. This is correct.

Upvote 0

For point #1 : do you have an example to illustrate?

I simply meant that since you haven't referred to a specific worksheet, the ranges will refer to the active worksheet. I don't know whether this is by design, or whether you actually mean to refer to your Tracking worksheet. If the latter, you should include a reference to your worksheet Tracking when building your string to define your formula.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back