SUMIFS not carrying out calculations

Adam88

Hi All,

I've encountered an issue that I can't seem to resolve where my SUMIFS formulas are not carrying out the calculations as requested? This is the code I'm using:

Code:
=SUMIFS(Transaction!$F$2:$F$2496,Transaction!$D$2:$D$2496,"Dekko",Transaction!$I$2:$I$2496,"January",Transaction!$J$2:$J$2496,"2018")

The sum range, barring the column header, are all numbers in cells formatted to currency. I can't see any obvious mistakes in the above code but I'm by no means proficient with excel formulas and functions!

Can you offer any advice please?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Column I is Months and column J is years (eg 2016, 2017 etc). These are not formatted to anything other than the default (General?).

Thanks

Upvote 0
But what is IN those cells? if the year column contains numbers your formula is wrong and you should remove the "" around "2018".

Upvote 0
In Column I (Months) its text such as "January" for example. In Column J (years) it is numbers, such as 2017.

I've gone through to apply your advice and have now fixed the issue; The formula was referencing the wrong column! I'd deleted an entire column during the set up and had forgot to change the references in the formula... Thank you for your input none the less.

Upvote 0
I assume you forgot to edit the formula in the web post, as Excel would have adjusted the formula for you when deleting columns.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back