Sumifs with Conditions across multiple sheets using indirect.

NexusP

I created a formula that compares an existing list with names linked to total sessions selected from list on different sheets and once the criteria is matched the sessions are tallied in the formula cell. My initial formula would be to difficult for people to change and it's sluggish. I tried to use a more streamlined formula that uses a list pointing to =Data!$C:$C which contains Jan-Dec, and =Data!$C$1:$C$12 and =Data!$C1:$C12 but it only reads information from the first Sheet. I also tried numbers and that doesn't work either. I know that it is reading the sheet correctly because if i change the name, the results go to #REF!. Can anyone help with this issue?

Initial Formula
=SUMIFS(Jan!E:E,Jan!D:D,"="&B1,Jan!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Feb!E:E,Feb!D:D,"="&B1,Feb!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Mar!E:E,Mar!D:D,"="&B1,Mar!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Apr!E:E,Apr!D:D,"="&B1,Apr!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(May!E:E,May!D:D,"="&B1,May!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Jun!E:E,Jun!D:D,"="&B1,Jun!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Jul!E:E,Jul!D:D,"="&B1,Jul!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Aug!E:E,Aug!D:D,"="&B1,Aug!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Sep!E:E,Sep!D:D,"="&B1,Sep!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Oct!E:E,Oct!D:D,"="&B1,Oct!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Nov!E:E,Nov!D:D,"="&B1,Nov!B:B,"=Hoyt")+SUMIFS(Dec!E:E,Dec!D:D,"="&B1,Dec!B:B,"=Hoyt")

Current Formula
=SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&Month&"'!E:E"),INDIRECT("'"&Month&"'!D:D"),"="&B1,INDIRECT("'"&Month&"'!B:B"),"=Hoyt")

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back