Sumproduct, Countifs, Range help

lord_kaiser

HI There,

i require help trying to write a formula

i have the first part working fine as per the below

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),">"&TaskID!$A25,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),"<"&TaskID!$B25))

TaskID A25= -1
TaskID B25= 8

I have 3 sheets and i have placed these sheet names in a named range called SheetList

I now want to add another condition to the above formula where i want to select only certain products as the above formula lists all products.

All the sheets have Col Y with the product names (Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Peaches, Pears)

I have another named range with only certain product names called products. In this range i have Pears, Apples & Oranges.

i want the condition to pull out the total count based on the sheet col y matching the products range name only.

Just can't seem to get it to work.

Any help is appreciated in advance and Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Try

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),">"&TaskID!$A25,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),"<"&TaskID!$B25,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!Y:Y"),&TaskID!$Y25))

Upvote 0
Welcome to Mr Excel forum

Question
What is the name and the address of the named range that contains Pears; Apples; Oranges?

M.

Upvote 0
Hi Mate,

Thanks for the post.

i think what you meant :

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),">"&TaskID!$A25,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),"<"&TaskID!$B25,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!Y:Y"),[B]"="&TaskID!$Y25[/B]))

And this works well if it is for 1 value (i.e-Y25). What am i after is a range (Eg: Y25:Y30)

Upvote 0
Forgot to add the range:

Code:
fruitlist=Workflow!$A$8:$A$15

Since FruitList is a vertical range (Workflow!A8:A15) you have to use an array formula with the function TRANSPOSE to convert it to a horizontal range.
So try
=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),">"&TaskID!$A25,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!AF:AF"),"<"&TaskID!$B25,INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!Y:Y"),TRANSPOSE(FruitList)))
confirmed with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter

If it were a horizontal range, for example A8:H8, you could use a regular formula (no need to transpose the named range)

M.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Remark: for the sake of performance is recommended to use definite ranges in array formulas, not references to entire columns. For example AF2:AF1000 and Y2:Y1000 instead of AF:AF and Y:Y.

M.

Upvote 0
Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for the formula. That worked like a charm.

With regards to your 2nd comment about referencing arrays, I using the formula as part of a merge document within our system.

The issue is i am unable to specify a range as after the merge document is complete in the system, we may have 200 records or we may have 10000 records.

Do you recommend any workarounds for this?

Thanks Again

Upvote 0
You are welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

About your question.
Use the max possible (likely) number of rows. In your case AF2:AF10000 and Y2:Y10000.

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rache47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back