Theme issue between PC & Mac version of excel

jjcl7

This seems like a really simple problem but I keep running into this issue over and over again. I'm a student and I have assignments that ask for specific themes/layouts in Excel 2016. I have Excel on both my PC and my Macbook, and most of the time the theme that was requested will be available on my Macbook but will not be available on the PC for some reason. I tend to do assignments for Excel on my PC since some functions are restricted to the PC version of Excel such as flash fill and etc. so then I keep having to send over the file to my Mac just to get the theme and then finish it back on the PC. Is there a way to transfer over the themes that show up on mac on the PC?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi jjcl7,

A way that I find is the easiest without having to go back and forth is to actually Google the themes that are not provided with whatever version of Excel you have. You can even download themes from Powerpoint and such, I believe. This is the Microsoft Office themes that can be downloaded and imported into Excel in order to utilize. https://templates.office.com/en-us/Themes

Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopkinsr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back