TreeView control disappearing from shared workbook

der_roedie

Hello,

I have a strange problem and I have no idea what's causing it.
I have written an application in Excel 2003 that is used by multiple users. The workbook is located on a network-share and everybody except me has read-only rights there.

Since last week a user opened the workbook and it gave run-time errors when starting up (not really good at error-trapping :) ). After investigating it was clear that the Treeview-control was missing from the main-form. The Treeview control (6.0) is essential for the application and needs to be there because it gets populated with data from a SQL database. I corrected the problem by adding the treeview control again and saved the file. Today the control was missing again !?!?!?!

Does anybody have a clue why it is possible that the treeview control is gone eventhough nobody is able to save the file?

Regards,

Ruud

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
FYI, there are known issues with ActiveX controls and Office 2010 in Shared Workbooks. MS are aware of the situation.

Upvote 0
FYI, there are known issues with ActiveX controls and Office 2010 in Shared Workbooks. MS are aware of the situation.

Hi Rorya, I am not able to reproduce the disappearing of the control. Sometimes it works fine when I save and reopen but other times it is gone.

At the moment I think I do not need to save the workbook because the data is volatile and for display only in this workbook. The VBA code is working fine so no changes needed there.
Do you know if it has happened that the control was gone from a workbook that has not been saved but just reopened?

Do you also know if the problem is also there with Office 2007?

Upvote 0
No, it's a new bug with 2010. I don't know the specifics behind it, I'm afraid, since I would never use a Shared Workbook due to all its reliability issues (in any version) - all I have seen is that they don't work.

Upvote 0
RoryA,

When the TreeView disappeared for me it was not on a Shared Workbook. And I'm 90% certain it was on Excel 2007 (sorry can't be sure as I was moving through 2007>2010 rapidly).

Upvote 0
I know, I was simply pointing out that there are known bugs with ActiveX, Excel 2010 and Shared Workbooks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back