Trying to find Data to Match

ctackett6407

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings Everyone!

I've been learning a lot since I have been a part of this community and I want to say thank you!

I have another question that I'm going to go in and try what I know and see how that goes, but if someone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears!

We currently have three different sources of data. They do not work well with each other; however, I think if we can tie a standard data set between them then it will be a GREAT tool for us to use.

I just exported one of the sources moments ago and found it has around 60k rows of data in it. I'm trying to compare addresses from one file to addresses I pull from our primary data source and try to see if I can compare those. That's the only thing I can see that MAY be comparable.

The problem is that the addresses from the two sources I want to compare may be spelled a little different or use "west main street" or "w main st" etc.. variants.

I might try to compare the county and the zip code as well to ensure that if the service address matches that it "really" matches because there's only one address in a city, as far as I know.

I have not seen several addresses of 123 Main Street in the same zip code.

Anyway, Anyone knows or where I can learn more about trying to create a formula that will let me search addresses that might have variants in it?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back