Unable to Get Match Property of worksheetfunction class

mangeshmm

This is driving me nuts and Im hoping that someone knows what is going on. I have a simple 1 col table on sheet 1 with a list of dates. On sheet 2 of the same workbook, I have a table with 10 rows which contains end of month dates from 30 Nov 2017 to 31 Aug 2018 (30 Nov 2017, 31 Dec 2017 .... 31 Aug 2018).

Through VBA, I am converting the dates on the table on sheet1 through a worksheetfunction.eomonth formula. Later in the same code, I use the worksheetfunction.match formula to match the EOMonth dates to the dates on sheet2. However, for reasons totally beyond me, I get the unable to get match error.

Now here is the freaky part - if I abandon VBA and mimic the code using the same spreadsheet formulas - there is no problem in getting a Match.

What the hell is going on here?????????

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
What is your VBA code? Have you tried CStr()? e.g.
Code:
'If array is 0 based, 1 is returned if aValue matches anArray(0).
Function PosInArray(aValue, anArray)
  Dim pos As Long
  On Error Resume Next
  pos = -1
  pos = WorksheetFunction.Match(CStr(aValue), anArray, 0)
  PosInArray = pos
End Function

Upvote 0
The problem is that both tables in questions have dates. To be clear, table 1 has dates spread throughout the month (1-Nov-17, 23-Dec-17, 13-Feb-18, 5-May-18, etc). On table 2, I have just 10 rows with the following dates 30-Nov-17, 31-Dec-17, 31-Jan-18, 28-Feb-18, 31-Mar-18, 30-Apr-18, 31-May-18, 30-Jun-18, 31-Jul-18, 31-Aug-18.

What I am doing through my code is changing the dates on table 1 to the EOMonth. So that the above dates would become (30-Nov-17, 31-Dec-17, 28-Feb-18, 31-May-18). Once the code converts each date on table1 through worksheetfunction.eomonth, it seeks to match this date with the dates on table2. So there is no reason why the match would return an error.

And yet it does.....................................................

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daymo66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back