Userform that stays on screen & updates as each macro completes (multiple macros)

armchairandy

Board Regular
I have a macro that runs about 15 other macros. I have a user-form that lists the macros, how many tasks in each, when each macro starts (Tick + "running"), when it finishes (Tick + "complete") & a % of overall progress. All of which are textboxes linked to a sheet which is updated by each macro. Out of the 15 macros, some might not run dependent on a value held in another sheet. What I would like to be able to do is open up the user-form and keep it visible while the macros run in the background, but update each textbox with progress information as each macro starts and finishes.

I have tried putting the macros in the initialize section, the macros work & the sheet does update, but the values in the textboxes do not update until after all of the macros complete.

I could create message boxes and put them in the individual macros, but having one form visible at all times throughout the process would be better.

Any help would be appreciated

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
John

I probably was not clear enough in my post. The userform will stay on top, and the macros will run, but the textboxes in the userform will not update their values until after all the macros have run. I am trying to produce a sort of progress update as each macro is run/completes.

Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back