Using Form Checkboxes

texasalynn

I have been trying to find a method using VBA that would allow me to have a generic code to use. I have about 20 sheets and each sheet has from 2 to 20 checkboxes (form not activex). How can I make the code without having to do each and everyone individually?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
How did the code I posted error?

Are you definitely using checkboxes from the Forms controls toolbox?

Upvote 0
How can we tell which by looking at just the checkbox itself?

Sorry this is so painful. I'm not sure how to explain without mudding the water. I think if I could get the code for just one scenario I can work out how to modify. I do have each checkbox linked to a cell but again not sure how to grab that info in order to make this work.

Upvote 0
How did the code I posted error?

Are you definitely using checkboxes from the Forms controls toolbox?

Not sure if I understand, but I am NOT using a form but rather from the control toolbox a form control checkbox

Upvote 0
There are 2 types of checkboxes you can add to a sheet, Forms and ActiveX, if you've used Forms checkboxes the code I posted should work

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help Norie, I promise I'm not lying and I'm familiar with coding (although not an expert). But I have tried many times to understand why that code doesn't work. But appreciate your attempts at helping.

Upvote 0
How does it not work?

What errors are you getting?

How did you actually create the checkboxes?

To add a Forms checkbox to a sheet you would goto the Developer tab then Insert>Form Controls in the Controls section.

Upvote 0
There are 2 types of checkboxes you can add to a sheet, Forms and ActiveX, if you've used Forms checkboxes the code I posted should work

Right - wasn't sure that perhaps you were referring to a "forms" with items on there. I wish I could post a picture, but my work has that locked down that I can't use some of the nicer options MrExcel offers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lsmich

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back