VBA Acting Up

Menessis2

I have been working on a project for a while now. I have the file on a flash drive. I tried working on it at my GF's and Excell is CTD for some reason. The project is using combo boxes to make a selection and then put them in a named range.
This has been working fine right up to now. This happens with at least two so far. I renamed the range just to see what would happen cut still got the CTD. Then I tried one other combo box and it got as far as writing it then CTD!

I ran a virus scan, found nothing.

Out of ideas.
Can anyone think of anything?

Edit: just tried another working project with combo boxes and it all works fine.

Thanks
Menessis

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I copied the code out of the Forms folder and ran it with the variable for combo box selection coded in. Works fine???

Upvote 0
That's not a great description of your problem.

Is it circling CW or CCW?

Upvote 0
What I am trying to say is that these spread sheets all used to work fine. But now while working on this particular one which has combo boxes on a form will CTD when a selection has been made. I tested another form in the same project and it also CTD's when a selection is made. The third form same project works. Then I tried another spread sheet with a form and it it's ok. And last but not least i tested yet another file and it will also CTD.
I will be home later today and see if I have the same problems on a different pc.

Upvote 0
Can you please explain CTD?

Upvote 0
Ya CTD is short for Crash To Desktop. I would click in the combo box to make a selection and bam...desktop.

Upvote 0
You mean Excel closes down completely?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back